The purpose of tree protection specifications is to help protect trees from adverse site modifications
during construction that would be detrimental to the health and survival of the tree. These
specifications include the services provided under the Tree Inventory service with additional information
and recommendations on which trees to preserve or remove, with or without mitigation requirements
based on the tree ordinances for the governing agency.
The general process is as follows:
● Review development plans to determine the need for construction protection;
● GPS locate, map, tag, and measure trees;
● Develop General Tree Protection measures;
● Coordinate with engineers or planners to assess impacts and mitigation requirements;
● Review site plans to assure protection measures are established and implemented; and
● Monitor tree preservation on site.