The purpose of a tree appraisal is to determine the monetary value that a tree has for replacement,
negotiation, and litigation. This appraisal is valuable for clients that have trees impacted during fire,
storms, trespassing or other causes. CalTLC follows industry protocols to determine the value and clearly
describes the process used to formulate the value. The thorough description of the process to
determine the value is typically what supports the stated values.
The general process is as follows:
● Understand the assignment, or need for the appraisal;
● Determine the appropriate Method for appraising value;
● Provide expert data collection for appraisal;
● Provide a monetary value for the tree; and
● Provide a written report explaining the appraisal.